Friday, November 17, 2006

Kid's Gift Baskets

When starting my business I actually was not sure if kids would even like gift baskets. I felt that a shiny toy may be a better gift in their eyes and was not even worried about ideas for kids baskets. I have, since then, changed my mind because of personal experience. For starters, my son, who is 5 requested a gift basket for his birthday. I made a shiny gift basket with a few balloons, some candy, and various little gifts that he wanted. He absolutely adored it! I had placed a teddy bear in the basket which is now his favorite "friend". Another reason I believe gift baskets are perfect for kids, is that I recently attended a holiday workshop where I displayed a few gift baskets and handed out free food samples. One of the gift baskets that I displayed was a junk food gift basket. You can view it at http://www.thinkingofyou-giftbaskets.com/JunkFood.html. It is full of all kinds of treats that all children love, and it can be made with sugar free candy and 100 calorie packs for kids when parents are watching sugar intake! I had a very "kid-popular" booth needless to say. I even had an adorable little girl come up to me with a dollar to ask how much the big basket was. Knowing it was out of her price range I just told her that I had free samples of chocolate balls (truffles) and brownies, which made her little face light up the room! I had kids telling their parents how cool it would be if they would buy the Junk Food basket. I donated my Movie Night gift basket as a door prize which was what the lady heading the event said "the prize everyone wanted!" Now I am certain that gift baskets are indeed a spectacular gift option for children. With yummy treats and bright colors.... who can resist!

No comments: